[Towertalk] Radial "fan out" summary

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] Radial "fan out" summary
From: Bill Otten" < (Bill Otten)
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 17:36:18 -0500
Frankly, I think the 'forked radial' idea has merit. In my situation I'll
use the method in grounding my tower. I have plenty of 1.5" and 2" solid
copper strap, plenty of ground rods too.....but my backyard real estate is
lacking IF I run the ground straps from the tower in a straight line. At
some point I get to where the ground rods are "overlapped" in coverage,
something Polyphaser mentions against. If, however, I fork the straps past
the point where overlap would occur, I can utilize more of the backyard to
'saturate' the ground if a strike happens.
Any opposing viewpoints on this??

Bill  KC9CS (still enjoying the afterglow of working the TI9M Cocos Island
DX group on 160M sideband last night at 2:30 am with 100 watts)