[TowerTalk] Tower Climbing Safety - Head Gear?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Climbing Safety - Head Gear?
From: (Peter Larsen)
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 21:23:21 -0700
Personally I use a "Shockguard" hard hat. It is by far lighter
than a regular style of hard hat. Also as it comes from the
factory it is good to 25,000 volts. As a guy who use to
stick his head into the 8,000 volt power lines for a living
a "Shockguard" hard hat was mandatory.
(No my hat hasn't been tested lately, and I don't play
with the high voltage any more)

Now for yous guys in Texas:

BTW I have found that the guys on the ground below my
tower needed their hard hats more than I did up the tower.
That is why I have 3 regular hard hats, and two "shockguards"
at home.

See you later.