[TowerTalk] Radial "fan out" summary

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Radial "fan out" summary
From: k4sqr@juno.com (Jim Miller)
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 05:58:46 -0500
Richard, N6RK (and readers);

You are so very correct.

For those interested, visit www.bencher.com/pdfs/00803ZZV.pdf  and read
the 12 page Adobe file on radials.
ComTek recommends 60 radials per vertical for 4-Square customers, and
thus the reason our Stainless Steel Radial Ring has 60 holes.

ON4UN gave excellent "Ground screen" presentations two years ago in
several U.S. cities, stressing the importance of a ground screen (radial
wires) bonded to the tower when an elevated array with 2-4 counterpoises
each, was constructed around the tower. The ground screen minimizes
ground losses.

Installing radials and you will never doubt the performance of your
single, or multiple, vertical.

73,