[Towertalk] Grounding an Elevated vertical

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Grounding an Elevated vertical
From: K4BEV@aol.com (K4BEV@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 10:33:52 EST
Picture this, if you will:
A 40 meter 1/4 wave vertical mounted on a 10 foot wood mast with 4 radials,
also 10 ft up.

Would you:
Run a wire from the connection between the radials and the coax shield to the
ground and tie it to:
A ground rod
A ground rod and a bunch of buried 33' radials
or
Just a bunch of buried radials (33' or otherwise)?
or
Don't run the wire from the antenna to the ground.

We're between the Mississippi and Tennessee Rivers and seem to have "pretty
good ground" here. A very wet winter didn't hurt either.

I tried to check the archives, but get a page not found fault.

Thanks,
Don - K4BEV