[Towertalk] mast

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] mast
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 23:25:56 EST
george.shaw@ukf.net writes:

> Permanent exposed location. Maximum extension 35ft. must have rotator
>  mount/cage for light to medium antenna. The problem/challenge is that it
>  must be able to be lowered to a minimum height (smaller the better) quickly
>  and automatically from a remote control room some 3 floors below. Therefore
>  it needs not only a control cable for the rotator and the coax but a
control
>  cable run to the motor/winch to allow it to be raised and lowered. This
will
>  have to be on probably a daily schedule. May need guyed when extended but
>  have no daily access to the mast so must be automatic.

    Sounds like you need a pneumatic tower. These are very common in ENG
(electronic news gathering) where they are mounted in most vans and they
extend for the ENG dish remote transmission. They'll do everything you need
but they are pricey. I don't know who has them in your neck of the woods.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
Tower Tech