[Towertalk] Wandering pointer on Yaesu SGX1000 rotor control

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Wandering pointer on Yaesu SGX1000 rotor control
From: rudym@net-link.net (Rudy Marcelletti, K8SWD)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:23:34 -0500
Any one know an easy fix for a "wandering pointer" on the Yaesu 1000 =
rotor controller?  When I turn my controller on, the needle moves all =
over the place--like it is hunting for the direction the antenna is =
pointing.  If I set the preset to a new direction, then press the =
button, the needle will go all over the place (but the beam goes to =
where it is told to and stops).  The antenna does not turn any different =
while the needle is hunting.

Is it a "gear" or "circuit" problem?  Any tips on troubleshooting this =
annoying thing?

Rudy Marcelletti, K8SWD

multipart/alternative
  text/html