[Towertalk] Cushcraft R7000 and Salt Water Locations

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Cushcraft R7000 and Salt Water Locations
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White, K4OJ)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 19:48:14 -0800
Something I am sorry I never saw - the Foul Wx Bluff QTH of W7RM...but was
it the shot over water to JA or the cliffs behind the antennas shielding out
USA QRM - with a straight shot over the Pacific to JA - this is
VFB...without adjacent frequency QRM (or at least severely attenuated
QRM...even better!

I think it was the combination of both...the unique location offered a sheer
cliff with a beach below where the JA antennas could be "shielded" by earth
from the US QRM.

Kind of like the swamp on top of a hill ideal location only one step
better - if you don't mind all the maintenance!

FWIW W4ZW's QTH is awesome...looking down from his roof onto his catamaran
by the ocean says it all!

What ever happened to the Foul Wx Bluffs QTH - is it condos now or something
sad like that?

K4OJ