[Towertalk] Crank up towers !

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Crank up towers !
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White, K4OJ)
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 09:10:12 -0800
Since you saw it (Andrew) too, I cannot believe you think that you could be
spared by having a foldover well tied down...

In your own post you pointed out how Mother Nature snapped poles, etc...yet
you say that should not be considered...huh?

I am saying that when it comes it comes and it will take whatever it wants -
nothing can be spared.  I am NOT saying a guyed tower will survive a
hurricane when a foldover will not...

What I am saying is that for day to day safety and security I would take a
fixed tower over the inherently fallible crankup without even a chance at a
second thought...period.

I am worried there are guys reading this stuff who really think they can
beat the forces of Mother Nature if they simply maintain the crankups...

73,

Jim, K4OJ