[Towertalk] HD73 Capacitor value?(problem w/ rotor)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] HD73 Capacitor value?(problem w/ rotor)
From: ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca (Mike & Coreen Smith)
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 00:43:50 -0400
Hi All,

I tried searching the archives, but the server seems to be down @ the
moment.

I "THINK" either my rotor has packed it in, or the start cap has opened up.

The HD73 turns very slowly (and groans, hi!) and I can only get about 45
degrees rotation from my array
currently before it stops.(((The mast is not 100% perfectly straight on my 2
x 8el 6m array, so I am not surprised
it eventually stops, BTW)))

We got a lot of wind last week and last night I went to turn the yagis for
the first time in a week and they barely moved.
Several have suggested to me it still sounds like a capacitor problem.
(despite the wind)

I had my XYL rotate the antennas while I watched outside under the tower and
nothing seems jammed nor binding---
just no "ooomph" from the rotor.  I have no experience with this type of
rotor (and no docs on it), so if anyone has any suggestions, measurements to
make, details on starting cap or whatever, I am all EARS!

Thanks from not normally windy southern NB,

VE9 Antenna Antenna

Michael, Coreen & Corey Smith
(VE9AA,  VE9AAA & Little-VE9 to be)
271 Smith Rd