[Towertalk] M2 RC2800P-A revisited

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] M2 RC2800P-A revisited
From: w5iz@yahoo.com (Al Baker)
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 13:59:40 -0800 (PST)
I thought an update was in order.  I have already
spoken with M2 to let Mike and Eric know the good
news.

After putting RG8X from the rotator to the shack...a
run of 340 feet, the rotator is now performing
flawlessly.

I recommend any new installations use shielded cable
for the pulse switch line...called the orange wire in
the M2 brochure.  The center conductor of the shielded
cable goes to terminal 5 and the shield to terminal 6.

I received enough feedback from my previous post to
know others are suffering, as I did.  My initial
installation was with brand new, kinkless 8 conductor
cable.

I have the same problem at my contest station and will
replace a 600 foot run with RG8X for terminals 5 and 6
to solve that problem too.

Mechanically, the 2800P is a superior rotator.

Now I know the secret of how to ensure the indicator
box tracks, I will use these rotators exclusively for
new towers/antennas at W5IZ.

Thank all of you on this reflector who responded to my
previous plea for help.

73 de Al W5IZ