[Towertalk] When are permits needed for antennas?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] When are permits needed for antennas?
From: K6NR@ARRL.net (Dana Roode)
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 07:34:49 -0800
Dumb question - what criteria do counties typically use to decide whether or
not a building permit is required?  I realize that towers usually require
permits, but I don't think short, ground mounted verticals do.  What about a
TV antenna mast, a tall vertical made from aluminum tubing, or a vertical on
a roof?  Is it the height, the nature of the construction, whether its
"temporary" or "permanent"?

I know, I need to ask my own county, but Im curious what the norm is.  Reply
to me if you don't want to clutter the list.

  Dana