[Towertalk] LDF5-50A

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] LDF5-50A
From: tgstewart@pepco.com (tgstewart@pepco.com)
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 08:07:08 -0500
What frequency range are we talking about?

I doubt they make a 90 for LDF5, but it's totally impractical anyway.  You
are likely to break the connector on the radio if you do anything wrong
because the torque arm of the hardline will be tremendous.

If you are talking HF, the loss of using a short flexible cable and an
extra connector will be miniscule.  Use LMR500 or similar cable if you are
really concerned about it.  You need to have a lightning arrestor or
disconnect equipment in most areas anyway.

Ty K3MM

"George Shaw" <george.shaw@ukf.net>
Sent by: towertalk-admin@contesting.com
03/23/2002 07:10 AM