[Towertalk] New rigging technique

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] New rigging technique
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 10:38:41 EST
    Bob, K8IA, sent this to me. Thought you'd enjoy it.

Cheers,
Steve      K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower work for hams

>> "Each antenna is fed with 1/2" Heliax except for the Force12 C3S which is
fed with 7/8" Heliax. Since I have to do all my antenna installations by
myself, I have had to improvise to get the heavy cables up to the top of the
tower. Especially the 7/8" Heliax was very difficult to pull up. I used the
following method: I put the rope through a carabiner at the top of the tower
and tied the end of the rope to my climbing belt and jumped off the tower. My
bodyweight was enough to pull the cable to the top! <4W6MM>"

 <A HREF="http://www.simnet.is/tf3mm/4w6mm.html";>4W6MM - TIMOR LOROSAE</A>