[Towertalk] Failed KT34XA plate

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Failed KT34XA plate
From: ct4nh@mail.telepac.pt (Luis Sutil Teixeira)
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 10:21:27 -0000
ct4nh@mail.telepac.pt
I've seen the picture. Seems to be Aluminium...
Tnx. I always use stainless stell (6 mm thick plate) in ALL antennas I
have . I just throw away the original plate (normally in
Aluminium...quite naif...perhaps good for the weather in California (hi)
but no good for Atlantic coast gales hi) and replace ithem by home made
plates in SS (AISI 304L) with special machined clamps in SS also,  and
additional 'stop' bolts - see photos...My KLM is now laying in the
garden waiting for good weather...
73 de Luis, CT4NH