[Towertalk] Sigma verticals

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Sigma verticals
From: k2av@contesting.com (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 21:11:47 -0500
Verticals on 160 are notoriously rotten as receiving antennas due to
all the crud they hear, even if it has been shaped up as a top flight
transmitting antenna.

Beverages to listen with! No room, try one of the loop antennas, K9AY
or pennant, etc. With separate RX antennas, sometimes not so much
difference, other times breathtaking difference.

73, Guy.