[Towertalk] The Ham Radio Business

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] The Ham Radio Business
From: ww5l@gte.net (Tom Anderson)
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 09:32:32 -0600
Henry, et. al.:

I'm a Boy Scout Merit Badge counselor and have actually had scouts come up to me
during a merit badge class and ask "Do I have to do the requirements to get the
merit badge?"  I teach (among others) three Eagle Scout required merit badges
1.citizenship in the community, 2. nation, and 3. world.  (I also teach radio,
but
haven't had a scout ask about that since I was on the K2BSA staff at the 1997
National BSA Jamboree.)  It is amazing how many kids don't even know what's
going
on in their own community, let alone the country, or the rest of the world.

What's even weirder is during our discussions and my lectures I'm actually
giving
the kids the answers to the requirements, it just I'm not "telling" them
directly
what to put down at each question and our discussion doesn't necessarily go in
order. Few of them actually even take notes.

Tom, WW5L