[Towertalk] How To Hold Up A 20' Mast On The Ground?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] How To Hold Up A 20' Mast On The Ground?
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 20:08:10 -0600
I have a 10 ft mast holding / storing two 3L20's, a 5L10, and 3L10.

It sits in a 30? inch hole in the ground formed by pounding a short
thin wall steel tube into the ground, six inches at a time, removing
the tube, clearing out the dirt, and pounding it in another six inches,
until the desired depth is achieved.

For a 20 ft mast, I would suggest going deeper, say 4 to 5 ft.

Tom  N4KG