[Towertalk] 40 meter antenna results

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 40 meter antenna results
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 12:40:24 -0600
On Sun, 7 Apr 2002  K7LXC@aol.com writes:

>     I'm a bigger fan of the 402CD since it can be installed
> relatively close  to other antennas whereas the XM240
> doesn't seem to have that  capability.

The most obvious differences between the XM240 and
402CD are that the XM240 has more robust construction
and that the reflector is INSULATED from the boom
whereas the reflector of the 402CD is electrically connected
to the boom.  It is a simple matter to add a shorting strap
from the center of the reflector to the boom.

Beyond that, compare the element data...
are the coils placed exactly the same?
are the coils wound the same?
are the capacity hats the same size and placment?

The length and termination (short or open) of the feedline
can also affect interaction characteristics.

Tom  N4KG

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.