[Towertalk] Guy Grip Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Guy Grip Question
From: Mark <ackster@pcsonline.com> (Mark Ackaway)
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 10:17:28 -0400
I am fairly new to this tower stuff, and am installing my first set of
guy wires.  We purchased some guy grips to terminate our guys at the
top and bottom of the tower instead of using the clamps.

How does one install these?  It looks like we just wrap them around
the guy wire.  But, do we loop the guy around the thimble first or
does the guy wire stay straight and we just have the grip looped around
the thimble.  Any web sites with pictures or drawing would be great.

TIA

 Mark                          mailto:ackster@pcsonline.com