[Towertalk] Inquiry - Tower Collapse/Fall/Radius Zone

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Inquiry - Tower Collapse/Fall/Radius Zone
From: KD4OL@aol.com (KD4OL@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 04:12:03 EDT
Good Morning,

This is a follow-up to my previous posting several days ago.

We are working with our local municipal, public officials regarding Tower
Ordinances.  We appreciate the thoughts and advice to our previous inquiry.

However, this time we would like to be even more specific in our request.  We
are trying to identify and obtain copies of any studies that identify what is
a typical Collapse Zone, Fall Zone, Fall Radius of a tower subject to
collapse or failure.

Our municipality has informally suggested a tower height setback from
property lines that may be considered excessive.  We are trying to provide
information to them that would elevate their Safety concerns.

We feel that we might be able to accomplish this through competent research
into this area.  Empirical results would be very helpful to us.

Can anyone help?

Thank you,
Hank Smith, KD4OL
Virginia