[Towertalk] Any glaring discrepancies?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Any glaring discrepancies?
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 17:40:42 EDT
In a message dated 4/12/02 1:22:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
n4zr@contesting.com writes:

> You should do the calculations, but 20 feet of mast with two good sized
>  yagis and a rotary dipole virtually demands a heavy chrome-moly mast, I
>  think.

    Not necessarily. The big question is what the county windspeed rating is.
It's at  <A HREF="http://www.championradio.com";>www.championradio.com</A>
under Tech Notes if you don't know.

    Let us know what the spec is and we can crunch some numbers. In many
cases, an SAE 1026 or 1027 carbon alloy mast with a yield strength of
approximately 65,000 psi is plenty.

>  I would put the TH-7 as close to the top of the tower as you can --
>  5 feet is unnecessarily far, and cramps your other choices too much. Your
>  proposed 5-foot spacing between the two yagis virtually guarantees
> interaction.

    Yessireebob.

Cheers,
Steve      K7LXC