[Towertalk] Yaesu Rotors -- Should I??

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Yaesu Rotors -- Should I??
From: dhb@attbi.com (Dave AA6YQ)
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 21:40:17 -0700
I tried a Yaesu 2800 for a few years turning an EF420/240 and a 4BA,
both heavy-duty Z models. The rotator did fine mechanically, but the
controller was a nightmare reliability-wise. I replaced it with an
Orion, which has been trouble-free for nearly three years.

Someone on this reflector asserted that Yaesu radically changed the
controller design at some point, but I've not seen the schematic or
implementatation and so can't comment on whether its an improvement.
Caveat emptor...

     73,

        Dave, AA6YQ