[Towertalk] Advice on Re-doing My Antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Advice on Re-doing My Antennas
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 10:31:32 EDT
In a message dated 4/16/02 6:29:46 AM Pacific Daylight Time, wd3q@erols.com
writes:

> -what's the recommended material for guying?

    I suspect that this is a self-supporting tower so properly installed it
should require no additional guying. I won't discourage you from
over-engineering it by using guys though. Obviously some kind of steel guys
would work. Also Phillystran. What does the manufacturer recommend? (Well,
TET isn't distributed in the States anymore but you can make some inferences
from the GME or Create versions.)

>  -how high do I put the rotatable dipole over the tribander?

    As far as practical? F12 recommends 12 feet spacing for their 40M
antennas but it could probably be closer with the dipole parallel to the
boom.

>  -does the rotatable dipole go perpendicular or parallel to
>    the tribander elements?

    I'd try them both and see what happens.

>  -does the rotatable dipole need a balun?

    Yessireebob. You've got a balanced load fed by an unbalanced feedline.

Cheers,
Steve       K7LXC
TOWER TECH