[Towertalk] a3ws and a103 together

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] a3ws and a103 together
From: Steve Litwins" <litwins@badsector.com (Steve Litwins)
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 13:40:17 -0500
Hi all;
I am canvassing for opinion on an a3ws together with a a103 30m add-on kit.
I would like to know what the 30m add-on does.  Is it just a rotatable
dipole for 30m that sits on the same boom?  Or does it change the config of
the a3ws so that the parasitic elements come into play on 30m as well.
Never seen one, but wonder why the add-on is so pricey.  How do u like ur
a3ws?  Was it easy to install and adjust?  Like...set it up on the ground
and it works in the air.  I have a th5dx up and the 2 times I have put this
ant on a tower it was easy as pie...so wonder if the a3ws is a set-n-forget
type as well.   73/dx
steve, k8wk