[Towertalk] Another Heavy Duty rotator...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Another Heavy Duty rotator...
From: K4BEV@aol.com (K4BEV@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 22:50:49 EDT
<< My rotator generates a little hash when rotating. >>

Mine did too. Ham IV, DCU-1.
It was also putting the hash on the air when transmitting (NOT Cool).
Common point ground fixed it.
I got a 1/2" thick piece of copper plate at the local scrap yard (for free!)
tapped 1/4-20 holes in it, got a bunch of 1/4-20 copper screws and now run
all grounds separately to it.
If you go this route, be carefull drilling the holes.... The stuff grabs
drill bits really hard and wants to turn YOU around. I finally went down to
the local VoTech school and used a drill press. They were quite accommodating
after I expained what I was doing.

GL,
Don - K4BEV