[Towertalk] ABC Home Owners Assoc Expose

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] ABC Home Owners Assoc Expose
From: w9ac@arrl.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 10:34:07 -0400
Brian, the counter-argument is what % of the voting population are electing
their legislators?  Who else is placing these people
into their legislative positions?  100% of the voting population is not
comprised of attorneys.

Reform is a legislative issue, not a judicial issue regardless of the number of
attorneys who sit in Congressional seats.  This is
the reason why the FCC correctly deferred the ARRL's recent preemption petition
to Congress...precisely where it belongs.

Look, I am in complete agreement that reasonable accommodation and preemption
should extend to all HOA and restrictive covenants,
but the proper process for change shouldn't be overlooked.

-Paul, W9AC