[Towertalk] Heavy winds...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Heavy winds...
From: n2mg@contesting.com (Mike Gilmer - N2MG)
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 10:05:57 -0700 (PDT)
You are right.  The twisting force would not be
helped at all.

I was only considering the sideways force, which while
present, is, IMO, NOT the primary bolt-loosener.

It is definitely true that the mating of a steel bolt
into an aluminum body is not an ideal torque- (as in
bolt tightness) maintaining arrangement.

Mike N2MG

On Tue, 23 April 2002, kb9cry@attbi.com wrote

> Mike, I'm not sure about the effectiveness of the
second
> bearing.  It would lessen any sideways forces on the
> rotator but it would not reduce any twisting forces
that
> are transmitted from the mast to the rotator, as long
as

http://www.peoplepc.com