[Towertalk] Bad faith...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Bad faith...
From: ve2dc@rac.ca (Mel Martin)
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 09:02:21 -0400
>If you're paying by cheque why not knock $2

If a vendor extends the courtesy and trust of accepting a personal
cheque???

I'll share a true story from the Ham vendor's point of view. I had
someone stop a personal cheque because he "thought" there was a problem
with a purchase. Hang on... it get's worse. He realized he was mistaken,
so he sends me a replacement cheque, less $5, to cover his cost of
issuing a stop payment. So I'm out a $20 bank charge on the first
cheque, plus an extra $5 for his error. Fact is, it's not worth pursuing
someone for $25... but you can figure what his credit rating was with us
in future... BTW, I'm not in the Ham business anymore... and that kind
of experience was the exception...