[Towertalk] shoes...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] shoes...
From: ve7hcb@rac.ca (Chris BONDE)
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 16:59:07 -0700
One job I had was cleaning a part of a waste heat boiler whilst standing on
the crossover pipe of an old metallurgical furnace.  The cross over pipe
had some holes, hence the heat and a few flames emited therefrom.  We had
to wear a wooden sole that was strapped to the bottom of our safety
boots.  That stopped the heat from burning the boots, but we soon found the
length of time standing and working on the crossover pipe could be
lengthened by soaking the wooden soles in water for a shift prior to
working there.  The soles were a little clumsy to work with but when use to, OK

So what am I saying?  Maybe something like wooden sole, cramp ons etc could
be used for the feet.  I donot know.  But I think that the best is the
harness and lanyards etc.  I will not climb anything higher than my bed!!!

Chris opr VE7HCB