[Towertalk] Rope

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Rope
From: swca@swbell.net (Mark Beckwith)
Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 14:05:14 -0500
W6UE has an 11-element 6 meter KLM yagi on something like a 21 foot boom at
30' with the roof bracket at 9 feet = 21 exposed feet.  Been up for about 9
years.  No problems.

Nevertheless, fot the record I state clearly I am not endorsing such an
installation and that you would do so at your own risk.

I also might seem to remember seeing the 35' exposed above the house bracket
rule in the Rohn catalog at one time, and I think I specifically remember
that this was for supporting a VHF vertical with no more than 2 square feet
of wind load.  I think the catalog specified a 50 foot tower with a house
bracket at 15 feet = 35 feet exposed.

Your Mileage Could Vary.

Mark, N5OT

Who is it, Dave Leeson?  who says "Experiment trumps theory"?