[Towertalk] Building Permit or Not

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Building Permit or Not
From: gdaught6@leland.stanford.edu (George T. Daughters)
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 14:03:02 -0700
Hi Alan,

> Do I ask for a Building Permit from the City (big hassle with Special
> Use permit and Zoning Variance)??  or just put it up and wait to see
> who screams first.

It depends on your community.  In my town, no variance or special
permit or anything is required for 55 feet and lower.  They wanted me
to get a permit, and have 2 inspections:  1) rebar in the hole,
before the concrete pour, and 2) final, after tower is up, just to
make sure it was done according to the manufacturer's recommendations
(=safely).  That way they cover their butts, and mine, too!

In my city it was a slam dunk.

Your mileage may vary... check with other hams in your community, and
with anybody you can in the city offices.

73,

George T. Daughters, K6GT