[Towertalk] 15M on C31XR

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 15M on C31XR
From: dhearn@ix.netcom.com (dan hearn)
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 19:47:08 -0700
Dink: Neither you nor any of the respondents have mentioned the easiest
and most informative test you could make, in my opinion. Does the
antenna show deep nulls off the ends of the elements and a reasonable
front to back ratio? If so I would believe it is not being detuned
seriously and the answer is loss somewhere in the antenna or feed line.
I use the ARRL W1AW broadcasts as a signal for these kind of tests. They
are on many bands broadcasting bulletins and CW practice every day for
long periods of time. The schedule is in QST. If there is a coupling
problem to guys/antennas which are fixed in direction, you might repeat
the test on stations in other directions.

73, Dan, N5AR