[Towertalk] Yagi antenna interaction. Conclusion.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Yagi antenna interaction. Conclusion.
From: g3jvc@jcleeve.idps.co.uk (Cleeve)
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 16:09:16 +0000
Good afternoon gentlemen,

        I would like to thank everyone that responded to my question, some via
the
amp, or towertalk route, others by direct e-mail. I found the information, and
description of the adjustments made to practical installations, to be very
helpful.  The general concensus would appear to be that a distance greater
than 8 feet would enough, with the antennas aligned at 90 degrees to each
other.

        I note that in the ARRL Antenna Book, 19th ed. page 18.8, under
Stacking fig
8, a distance of half boom length, or, half wave length, at the highest
frequency, is preferred, this information is directed at VHF/UHF usage,
however, scale that down to 28 Mhz, and this would be around 16 feet.....
certainly plenty to think about, and thank goodness, when the time is right to
do the work, I have a Strumech wind up and tilt over tower, which will make
the adjustment and alignment of the antennas easier....once again, thank you
all so much, I am most grateful for the help and advice.... sincerely, John.
G3JVC.