[Towertalk] Short mast on 80m?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Short mast on 80m?
From: ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca (Mike & Coreen Smith)
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 23:02:37 -0300
Ripped 90% of my antennas down recently (long story.)
Now I want to erect (basically) a 32' mast with 3 antennas rotating on the
top 8' of it.
A50-6 (20' 6m antenna) (top)
17B2 (20 some foot 2m antenna) (middle)
20el (15' 70cm antenna) (bottom, right @ rotator)

Guy wires are non-conductive.

If I insulate the mast from ground, and install some 1/4WL  radials d'yall
suppose there is enough capacitive top loading to get this puppy perculating
on 80m?  <<<I have 40m (and other bands)  already covered>>>

My second choice (though a distant second) would be to shunt(?)-feed my ~42'
Delhi tower, which has about 16' of mast coming out the top it with lots of
antennas on it.
Bottom-TH6 (right @ thrust bearing)
6' from top of mast-  CC D40, 40m dipole
1' from top of mast- 24' long boom 6m antenna
Very top of mast- 2m Ringo Ranger.

Ideas?

73 de Mike VE9Antenna Antenna

Michael, Coreen & Corey Smith