[Towertalk] Refurbishing Trt-banders

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Refurbishing Trt-banders
From: jamesd1@flash.net (James R. Duffey)
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 08:48:31 -0600
Frank - Sorry I can't help you with the article on tri-bander refurbishing.
But among the tips I remember from the various posts on refurbishing
antennas are:

1. Broken trap covers can be replaced with heatshrink tubing. Digi-Key sells
large diameter heatshrink tubing in this country.

2. Use No-Alox or similar compound when reassembling the antenna.

You have already disassembled the traps and cleaned them. Replacing teh
hardware with stainless steel as you have done is also a good idea. Taking
apart those old Hy-Gain joints made with the compresion clamps can be very
hard. Does anybody know a simple way to do this? - Dr. Megacycle KK6MC/5
--
James R. Duffey KK6MC/5
Cedar Crest, NM   DM65