[Towertalk] New Rohn Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] New Rohn Tower
From: w5kp@swbell.net (Jerry Kincade)
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 06:35:16 -0700
Could be, Jim, if you are at the top moving around. There might be a
provision for adding horizontal bars at the top for working comfort, don't
know, didn't ask about details because I just put up a Rohn and knew I
wasn't going to buy one. Getting up there is easy, though, with the nice big
well-spaced climbing steps that come with it. And if you thought (as I did)
they were made from lightweight stamped sheet metal, think again. I didn't
measure the thickness of the legs, but they are hefty, near 1/4", and the
galvanizing job put Rohn to shame. Of course, I suppose that one was
handpicked for the show. I'm not necessarily knocking Rohn, but my new R45's
galvanizing job had so many drips and razor blades hanging from it, it took
me two days with a file to clean it up before I could put it up. :-)
73, Jerry