[Towertalk] Andrew 1-5/8" Air Dielectric Heliax Coaxial Cable (HJ7-50A)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Andrew 1-5/8" Air Dielectric Heliax Coaxial Cable (HJ7-50A)
From: w5na@megagate.com (J. Leon Pringle, Jr and Audrey S. Pringle)
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 20:50:51 -0500
BlankI have some 1-5/8"Air Dielectric Andrew Heliax Coaxial Cable, =
HJ7-50A, RG819A/U that I will entertain offers on and MAY OR MAY NOT be =
willing to sell.  Per Andrew Catalog #34 when NEW HJ7-50A has an average =
power rating of 110kW at 2.0MHz with an attenuation of 0.0280 dB/100 =
feet.  The published rating at 30 MHz is 27 KW with an attenuation of =
0.112 dB/100 feet

For VHF and UHF, the same Andrew Catalog #34 shows a rating of 11.7KW =
average power with an attenuation of 0.252 dB/100 feet at 150 MHz.  At =
450 MHz the published average power is 6.57 KW an a attenuation of 0.478 =
dB/100 feet.

I have two pieces, one of which is approximately 75 feet long and one =
piece approximately 200 feet in length  (I have not measured these but =
have estimated based on the circumference of the two coils and counting =
the number of turns in each coil)  The two coils are each coiled up into =
a diameter of approximately 60 inches and require 2-3 persons to handle =
the longer coil.

This Heliax cable would work in HF, VHF, UHF and higher but does require =
pressurization due to the air dielectric.  Since HJ7-50A is a low loss =
cable, depending on how it was used, could possibly be like adding an =
amplifier on transmit (less line loss and attenuation) or improvement in =
received=20
signal strength on receive.

You may contact me via the following:

J. Leon Pringle, Jr  W5NA
101 Greenwood Drive
Hattiesburg, MS 39402-2206
E-Mail:  w5na@megagate.com
Telephone:  AC 601  264-5320 between 7:00pm to 9:00pm CDST ONLY!!!!!@@@
                  Please do not call except during this time.  =
THANKS!!!!!

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---