[Towertalk] KT-34A To KT-34M2 Upgrade

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] KT-34A To KT-34M2 Upgrade
From: mdonohue@sympatico.ca (Michael J. Donohue)
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 20:03:30 -0400
Hi:
     Has any one completed this Upgrade. I am finding that the
upgrade is going great,  with only 2 problems though.  On the
Reflector the 3/8" x 77" tube is about 3/4" short.

Also on the Rear Driven Element, the diagram calls for a 3/8" x
80" tube. The longest tubes that I have are only 77" and again is
short by about 3/4". In both cases I can get the 20m and 15m
settings ok, but end up short by about 3/4" on the 10m settings.

Other than these 2 problems the upgrade is going ok. Definitely
makes it much more mechanically sound. I have sent Mike K6MYC
an E-Mail but must still be away from the shop. Tnx.

73 De Mike
VE3YF