[Towertalk] wiggle moments: defined

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] wiggle moments: defined
From: jljarvis@adelphia.net (jljarvis)
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 13:34:07 -0400
See what happens when you go into marketing?  Get an MBA and
all your BS credits get erased.  :)  Just hanging around with
sales guys will enrich your engineering vocabulary to the point
of imprecision!

Wiggle moments:  In a tower with loosened guy system, a series of small,
uncorrelated rotational motions at the tower base or joints, which are
the result of tower loading induced by transient wind gusts, producing
hinge wear.

Looking at the follow-on traffic, it's not now clear to me whether Ford
has a Foldover system, or a base-hinged tiltover system.

I'm just about to do the annual inspection on my 45G foldover system.
The Hinge bolts will get close scrutiny.

N2EA