[Towertalk] Water in Universal Base Stubs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Water in Universal Base Stubs
From: ford@cmgate.com (Ford Peterson)
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 17:31:39 -0500
Lou AC0X wrote:

> and how  do I get the standing water out of a hole 5' deep with
> such a small diameter?

I have a similar problem on a water line running to my barn before it
freezes and ruins the line.

Getting the water below the frost line is easy.  Use a flexible plastic hose
(a garden hose may work well).  Stick the hose down the tube, plug the top
end with your thumb, and pull out the hose.  Each time the process is
repeated, you get whatever the hose will hold out of the tube.

This works well unless you need ALL the water out, in which case you will
need a second small diameter hose to get the last little bit.

Ford-N0FP
ford@cmgate.com