[Towertalk] Those with a universal tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Those with a universal tower
From: k2gbh@arrl.net (Herbert Sweet)
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 23:01:27 -0400
I have a 50ft high -15 sq ft Universal Tower with a Mosley PRO67C3 at the very
top and 8 ft above
that, 2 VHF beams -- all topped off with a VHF vertical.  The tower is 24 years
old and I raise and
lower it with a winch and steel aircraft cable going to the winch through a
pulley up about 30 ft in
a tree.  It is a smooth operation.  But I don't do it an more than necessary as
I have to remove all
of the coax cables, messenger cable etc from the tower first. I do as much as
possible by climbing.
I can get to all of the VHF antennas and to the two driven elements of the
Mosley.

My tower legs are filled with concrete.

Herb
K2GBH