[Towertalk] New Rohn Tower Product

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] New Rohn Tower Product
From: k0wa@swbell.net (Lee Buller)
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 20:24:57 -0500
The new self supporting tower Rohn is introducing is called the Final Mile
Tower.  The tower is available in heights from 40 to 100 feet.  According
to the four sheets of speecs my gang picked up at Dayton, the tower meets
ANSI/TIA/EIA-222-F for wind speeds from 75 to 100 MPH.  The bolt-together,
10-foot sections, can be shipped either assembled or knocked-down.  One
sheet I have even has a parts inventory of so many bolts, nuts, braces and
legs.

The tower is hot dip galvanized after fabrication so it coats all of the
tower legs and leaves no edges not galvanized.

Options include...side arm mounts, face dish mounts, rotor plate
assemblies, accessory shelf, step bolts, safety climbing device, and
anti-climb panels.

The tower comes in a full 10 foot sections....#1 (top) to #10 (the bottom
section).  The bottom section is 6' 9 11/16"  between legs.

                                Allowable Effective Area in FT(Squared)
Tower Height    Sections        Wind loading Speed in MPH
                                75      80      90      100

100'            1-10            8
90'             2-10            18      10
                1-9             14      10
80'             3-10            30      20      8
                1-8             15      11      5
70'             4-10            35      30      19      8
                1-7             16      12      6       2
60'             1-6             17      13      7       2.5
50'             1-5             19      14      8       3.5
40'             1-4             20      15      9       4

The plans call for 16.33 cubic yards of concrete for 100 feet and 6.26
yards of concrete for 40 foot.  Just like the BX and the HDBX, you can get
stubs to mount the tower.

Again this is a bolt together tower.  No pop rivets.

I saw this at Dayton out in the flea market and a "dealers" booth, parking
place, whatever.  He was a Rohn dealer, but I cannot remember the companies
name,  but he gave us some official looking Rohn specification sheets.  He
had a top section there (#1) and it had a rotor plate and a top plate
installed.  There were bolts also in the tower for climbing so it is easier
to climb that the old BX model.

This is for information only...I have no connection with Rohn (except I own
about 160 foot of 25G) and have not received anything for the email.  As I
understand it, these are preliminary figures and might change.....  in
other words....you mileage may vary.

Lee Buller - K0WA