[Towertalk] Dipole height

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Dipole height
From: k2av@contesting.com (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 23:47:56 -0400
Moving the center of a 75/80 dipole from 65 feet to 75 feet is highly
unlikely to change anything discernibly except the feed impedance of
the dipole, and that not much.

Are you thinking that 75 feet is close to a half wave on 80? A half
wave for calculating heights and such (not the length of a dipole) at
3.5 MHz is around 140 feet.

Get a modeling program. Play around with a dipole, move it up, down,
tilt it, droop the ends, whatever. Once you get the hang of it a bit,
you will realize you have been groping in the dark all along.

Eznec 3 costs less than taking four out to a nice restaurant. If you
are into diddling with antennas and trying to see what if xxxxx, it
will be the most enjoyable piece of software you ever bought.

73, Guy.