[Towertalk] NY State antenna legislation

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] NY State antenna legislation
From: thompson@mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 19:11:32 -0400
I agree with N2EA that hams outside New York should not comment on the Tower
Bill.  I have been to meetings on towers in different counties and the
politicians get annoyed at what they call outsiders.
They only count those who live in the locale.

We have a Gwinnett County (Georgia) ordinance that allows up to 75 feet
without the need for a special use permit.  I would love to have 95 feet.
I did get the opinion of the county zoning and county attorney that since My
current tower is 101 feet to the top of the 2 meter isopole that I can go to
that height without any further action if I wish.   If you live on a farm or
have multiple acres then the county has no problem with allowing much higher
heights.

We did find (after extensive testing and modeling) that a stack on 10 works
best with antennas starting at 24 feet.   We found that having the lowest at
42 feet which was conventional wisdom was
too high!

73 Dave K4JRB