[Towertalk] Re: CATV Hardline Splices

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] Re: CATV Hardline Splices
From: (
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 12:50:58 -0400
----- Forwarded by Tyler G Stewart/BENN/PEP on 06/04/2002 12:43 PM -----

Tyler G Stewart
06/04/2002 12:45 PM

        Subject:        RE: [Towertalk] Re: CATV Hardline Splices

You could always buy real CATV hardline splices, tape them up for good
measure, and be done with it.

....yeah, it ain't free, but they work.

73, Ty K3MM

Mike Wetzel <>
Sent by:
06/04/2002 12:17 PM
Please respond to mjwetzel

I have one 3/4" hardline splice that I used a barrel connector on and I
to redo it every few years until I started filling the inside with spark
plug grease.  That seems to really help out because I haven't touched that
connection in about 5 years now.  I use a regular barrel with some short
slit pieces of 3/4" aluminum tubing over the barrel and then an overall
piece (or maybe 2) of 7/8" tubing over both ends of the hardline and
barrels, clamped with hose clamps.

Mike W9RE