[Towertalk] NVIS antenna--reflector addition

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] NVIS antenna--reflector addition
From: ve7hcb@rac.ca (Chris BONDE)
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 11:02:40 -0700
 From what I have read, the use of the reflector makes the ground part much
better.  There are a few site that explain this.  Search on NVIS.  Does
EZNEC use a perfect ground?  What will your ground be?

I used, long time ago, an end fed antenna.  I found that it worked better
just after my wife watered the garden.  So I put a wire, acctually, the
rest of the aluminum clothes line wire, under the end feed under the gound
and tied the one end to the grounding rod.  Worked better than after water
the garden and lasted longer, even on rainy days.

Just some thoughts.

Chris opr VE7HCB