[Towertalk] Cushcraft melted Balun

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Cushcraft melted Balun
From: thompson@mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 20:02:57 -0400
Steve,

I use the old collins balun made from 10 loops of coax on my older 402CD.
Maybe going this route might help.   I do remember K5UR's story of the flare
on his tower when operating the 160 Contest
which was caused by overheating the lubricant in the rotor.  So loading the
tower can cause problems.

Pass along some of that rare SSB Dx I hear you working on occassion between
7050 and 7100.

73 Dave K4JRB