[Towertalk] [OT] weatherproof tape for antennas?

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] [OT] weatherproof tape for antennas?
From: (Ken Hopper)
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 13:44:07 -0500
Hi, this is a little off topic. I am trying to find weatherproof tape for
outdoor antennas. Anyone have a recommendation?

I used common duct tape and over a very short time it fell apart leaving ugly
tails on my masts and wires. There must be something stronger and more

Someone suggested type "88" but I was unable to find it at the local ACE
Hardware store. Where hould I look? in a speciality catalog? i

Is there such a thing called "silicon tape" that matures into a single bond
over time?

de ken n9vv