[Top] [All Lists]

[Towertalk] Crossover brackets/ubolts

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] Crossover brackets/ubolts
From: (Jim White)
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 19:05:19 -0400
along these lines - if you have an aluminum recycling place near you - check
it out - the one near me has changed its motus operandi but they used to
sell whatever they took in by the pound for I think 80 cents....have found
some excellent angle and channel stock as well as plate there- new ownership
does not want to sell what the collect unfortunately - have to find another

Do not pay retail for this stuff - truly a last resort!


----- Original Message -----
From: <>
To: <>; <>
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 5:53 PM
Subject: Re: [Towertalk] Crossover brackets/ubolts

> In a message dated 6/18/02 1:33:29 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> writes:
> > I'm looking for inexpensive crossover brackets or crossover ubolts. I
> >  want to use them with 1.5"-2" pipe to make sidemounts for my Rohn 25G
> >  tower. The sidemounts that Rohn sells seem quite expensive, though I'm
> >  sure they're of good quality, and the crossover brackets & ubolts Rohn
> >  sells are also quite expensive.
> >
> >  I remember seeing a weird-shaped, single u-bolt at the Dayton
> >  that functioned as a crossover. Does anyone know of a supplier for such
> >  an animal, or something similar that is relatively inexpensive? I know
> >  person can buy some 1/4" steel stock and drill some holes to fit
> >  standard ubolts, but I don't have access to a welder to cut the stock,
> >  or durable enough bits to drill the holes. If anyone can come up with
> >  another idea, or point me in the direction of a relatively inexpensive
> >  source for something like this, I'd appreciate it.
> >
>     I'd get some 1/4" aluminum plate and use them for your pipe-to-pipe
> interface - they'll be just like any old boom-to-mast plate with U-bolts
> horizontally and vertically.
>     A simpler method is to use some angle steel or aluminum across the
> (attached to the leg by Rohn leg U-bolts) and sticking out a couple of
> Then you can attach a pipe to the flat part of the angle stock with
> U-bolt and you don't need the interface plate. You can do LOTS of things
> some angle, pipe, and
> U-bolts.
> Cheers,
> Steve    K7LXC
> Professional tower services for commercial and amateur
> _______________________________________________
> Towertalk mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>