[Towertalk] Large thimbles - better?

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] Large thimbles - better?
From: (Jim White)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 18:27:34 -0400
I question whether this is better or not...I AM NOT A STRUCTURAL ENGINEER SO
FLAME AWAY>>>>>>>>

By using the "oversize" thimble you take those forces and you concentrate
them on the "low point" of the over size thimble - with the guy grip the
forces (my unedjukated beleef) would be more spread out - since the guy grip
over time will conform to the diameter of the area it is wrapped around...

OK all you ME, PE, CE have at me!

Jim, K4OJ